Sunday, March 29, 2009

Haulin' Rock!

This morning, Andy came out to help me spread some rock, so I thought I would dress him up in some construction worker clothes.

Distracted by the big dirt pile.......Andy decided to leave me to work alone!Time out for a water break

Tired of working and ready for some play time.
My little sweet cheeks!
Andy has a pretty bad diaper rash, so I let my little redneck boy let it all hang out to air dry!

Check out those chunky legs!

Hooray! It's done!
When I told the guy from the landscaping place that I was going to spread the rock out myself, he just laughed at me and said that he was impressed with my ambition. Well, I love the hard work!
Two nap times and part of an afternoon and I got it done! Well, I guess I should take into account the full day that it took me to lay down the fabric liner. The wind definitely defeated me that afternoon, so I had to wait until Andy went to bed to complete the task. Most of the afternoon, I was chasing around 100 ft of liner (one long roll) that had blown over the fence and into the neighbors yard...I was not very happy, but I'm sure all the construction workers were getting a kick out of it! So, when I finally realized that I wasn't going to get a break with the wind, I gave up and rolled it back up, which took about 30 minutes.

Here is Andy's soon to be play area.

Here is the side yard where we will eventually put the shed for the lawn mower and the trailer.

I believe that since Craig has been gone, I have become quite handy with tools.
I've mastered the drill to hang up curtains, hooked up the nailer to the air compressor to lay down the liner and also used the air compressor to blow up the wheelbarrow tire about a million times. Makes hauling rock with a crappy tire much harder.
Funny how those TDY's come up when there is stuff to get done around the house...just kidding!
We miss you and love you!

8 comments:

Nona Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nona Kathy said...

Whew, I am tired just reading about all that work! I know that Andy was a big "help"!

Parkison Family said...

i am super impressed! We are building a fence this week..want to help? :)

Liz Whatley said...

Wow.. you are super woman! I love Andy's chunky monkey legs! I could just squeeze them!

Laurie R. said...

You go, Jamie! That's a lot of work you did. And I LOVE those pictures of Andy. He is too precious!

Nanna Beverly said...

....and after actually seeing first hand what Jamie did, I am even more impressed! She is a hard worker and a wonderful mommy! Andy is such a cutie pie!

The Thomas Crew said...

Great job, Jamie! And way to represent the military spouse, which you are so awesome at being. Tdys are truly chances to see what you've got in you. Apparently, you've got a LOT! Love you. Can't wait until WE get to see it all, too.

coachmj99 said...

Don't tell Nichole about that TDY secret! I think that I am using it to the full extent this year...Great work on the yard. Can't wait to see it first hand.