Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Little Excitement!

Andy was in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia. I had taken him to the ER thinking that he was hurting from ear infections, but was very surprised when the Dr came in to say that we'd be staying a few days and he was pretty sick and dehydrated. I knew something wasn't quite right, but that was not what I expected to hear.
Well, we survived our hospital visit and Andy is doing great. He bounced back very quick!!
I always knew that we had a great group of friends here, but after this past week, I've realized that we are very blessed. I'm just so overwhelmed at how they all have taken such great care of us. Very thankful!


After finally getting his IV started, they gave Andy a popsicle for doing so great. Well, we thought that part was over, but it actually didn't go in right, so they tried a few more times and finally got it on his foot. I think that was the hardest part of the whole visit. After that, it wasn't too bad.





I ended up getting sick with sinus stuff when we got home, so hopefully we'll be back to normal soon and I'll try to be better with posting more pictures.

3 comments:

Liz Whatley said...

he looks so sweet. Hearing him say "take it out!" to the nurse was so sweet... even when he is sick and tired and has thinking poking him he still has a gentle spirit!!

Nanna Beverly said...

awwwww...I just want to squeeze those precious little cheeks! He is such a brave little boy! Give him kisses from Nanna. Hope to see you soon...and hope you are feeling better.

The Thomas Crew said...

I love that Andy even knows how to chill out in the hospital! He is such a big brave boy. :)

Get to feeling better--both of you-- and hang in there. We are thankful that you have such great friends as well since we aren't there with you!!

We love you!