Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Block Party

The base put on a Block Party at the off-base housing community center. They had a huge bouncy castle, DJ, and Schwan's provided yummy BBQ. It was such a great thing for the kids and they all had a wonderful time.

Of course, the boys were attracted to the baby pool that was filled with all the drinks and ice.

They would put a piece of ice in their mouth and then spit it back into the tub. Gross, I know, but after a while you just learn to give up on some things and besides they were having too much fun.

The little kids just played on the playground since the older kids took over the bouncy castle.


Kelly offered to take our picture. It's nice to actually make it to the other side of the camera for a change




Showing off his dancing skills


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just some funny things to share:

--I was in the fabric section at Hobby Lobby and asked the lady at the fabric cutting counter where I could find appliques, she said, "What's an applique?"

--Craig called to make an appointment at the clinic, and of course, they didn't have their appointment schedule available that far in advance and so they told him to call back on a certain day, the day that they will be releasing the new appointments for that month. So, Craig did, first thing that morning -- only to find that they were already booked up 3 weeks. He asked, "How can you already be booked up 3 weeks by 8 in the morning on the day you opened up new appointments?" The reply he got, "Sir, they ended up opening our schedule earlier, so we are booked up now."
Someone needs to work out the scheduling process for the clinic, because it's really not working!

--Andy gets in his 'play rough' moods and will climb all over you or be silly and kick his feet during a diaper change. Now, when he does this, he says, "be easy" and that supposedly makes it ok!

--My silly boy now likes to pretend that he is falling over or off of something, and when he does this, right in the middle of falling he says, "i'm ok."

8 comments:

The Thomas Crew said...

Andy, that is SO funny!! I laughed about the clinic and Hobby Lobby, too, Jamie.

Great pictures as always, and yes, it's good to see your mug on some of them!

Love you!

The Thomas Crew said...

I just had to add that Andy's eyes are like beautiful light blue marbles!! In the future, tell all the swooning girls that they have to go through Aunt Shannon approval first!

The Thomas Crew said...

Oh, and I just had to ask...Jamie, are you putting appliques on your jean pockets again?

Craig and Jamie said...

No, I usually bedazzle my jeans!

anna said...

hahaha! You guys are too funny! I can see some designer by Jamie jeans on the store racks now:-)

Brian and Ivy said...

Oh how I wish you guys were still here. It sounds like Andy is right up Jack's alley. He won't catch a ball anymore without falling on top of it. His newest sayings are "hi guys" when he walks into the room and "be careful" to Brian as he is leaving for work. These boys are TOO CUTE!

Nanna Beverly said...

Love the pictures!.....but I have also enjoyed the comments this time, too!

Liz Whatley said...

That is SOOOO funny! I love the details and 'ins and outs' of ya'lls day!! It makes me smile.