Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cool Pool

We've been here for 3 years and I finally took the kids to check out Potter Park Pool. It was small, but everything about it was super cool and perfect for the kids. It's a walk-in pool and they have a decent area that is shallow for Andy to play in and it even has big spray tubes.
I knew the pool existed because I had taken Andy to the playground that's next to it on several occasions, but it was always during the colder season, so I just never thought about going back to check out the pool during the summer. I'm not sure too many people even know that this pool exists because it is seriously in the ghetto and really who cares about other pools when you can go on base. Well, I got tired of the base pool closing for the dumbest reasons and I couldn't really be in two places at once. Abby isn't allowed in the big pool, so Andy was stuck with us in the baby pool.
Finally, we can all enjoy the water together. With the walk-in style pool, Abby can crawl/walk around in the shallow part and we are still only feet away from Andy where he can play under the sprinklers. It's perfect! Andy had a blast and did a great job getting out and swimming around on his own.
We got there a little before it opened, so we just sat in the car and ate lunch. Andy was doing a great job at entertaining Abby while we waited to go swim...


Untitled from Jamie Swierzbin on Vimeo.




3 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Looks fun!!

The pool in Portales is nice too for the same reasons that you like the Potter Park pool - they also have a couple of fun slides. It's also well watched by lifeguards - I liked that a lot. Our kids played there for hours!

Happy summer! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

FUN! Love the sweet video....made me smile!

Liz Whatley said...

love it!!!