Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Field Trip

Andy's school took the kids on their first field trip to the zoo last week. Of course, I signed up to chaperone...I didn't want to miss out on this "first" for Andy. It was nice, because I was able to just meet them there and so he was able to have the experience (and freedom!) of the bus ride without having me hover over taking pictures the whole ride.
I did get a little teary eyed watching him get on that bus. He just looked so grown up.
Looks like they are in a deep conversation about solving all the problems of the world!
Waiting patiently for all the kids to line up so they could move on to see the ducks.

Andy: C'mon already, get in line, I'm ready to go see the ducks.


This little girl was cracking me up. She pretty much cried the whole time, complaining that she was hot and tired. I didn't win the "Great Chaperone Award" on this field trip , because I just kept telling her to suck it up and that we were all hot and tired. I'm so cruel!

See... hot and tired, but no one else was crying about it!
Charles and Andy were great buddies all day!
Wiped out and ready to go home!

3 comments:

Nona said...

Oh my, oh my. I love it... and I remember trying to keep little ones in a line ... and counting heads every few minutes! He is getting so "old" and grown-up.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes....it is hard to believe he is growing up so quickly! And, Jamie, I understand the "tears in your eyes" statement! Love you!

Liz Whatley said...

Oh I can't believe it!!!! So sweet!