Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Quite What We Had Planned...

We headed to Albuquerque last weekend to go the international balloon fiesta, but instead we spent our time in the hospital with Andy. Poor guy had been battling some poop issues and when we got into town, we could see that he really wasn't feeling well, so we took him to the ER. Ended up that he had a bowel obstruction and had to get an NG tube to pump in some meds to clear out the block. I'm so glad that we took him in and glad that he is all clear now. He had to go through a lot over the weekend and he was definitely a trooper.
We got out of the hospital and took off to run our errands and squeeze in a little balloon glow before having to leave the next morning. It was a rough weekend, but so glad that Andy is all better. I guess we'll have to just go back next year to see more of the balloon fiesta.



Enjoying a special treat and feeling much better.

Abby Talking from Jamie Swierzbin on Vimeo.

This girl rocks...she was so awesome for us while we were in the hospital.







Trying to take a picture with the kiddos...Andy got a kick out of trying to strangle me.

This one is much better!


5 comments:

Nona Kathy said...

i wish I was there... I agree with Nanna... I just want to hop on that plane and see you all... those hospital pics broke my heart, but the Abby video cheered me right up... Great family photo too!

Stephanie said...

Your sweet Andy has been through it! I'm glad he's okay. And as if you don't already know this, I'm here to tell you that you have one seriously cute family :)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Whatley said...

I certainly give Andy props for being a trooper -- felt a tug at my heart looking at those pics. And Abby gets a big snuggle for being so good and talking so good. AND mom and dad get a big hug for being such wonderful parents during what I am sure was a patience trying time. ;) love u all - and good for you for going to see the balloons-- I might have just called it a wash.. but, the pics are worth it!

The Thomas Crew said...

If those pictures and videos were any sweeter, I don't know what I'd do! Seeing Abby cooing like that makes me want to talk back to her.

So if Andy was a trooper in the hospital, does that mean he was a pooper trooper? :)