Monday, August 27, 2007

Nick's Visit






Don't worry, we applied some sunscreen on Nick before we stepped out on the beach to take the picture!

We were excited to be able to spend some time with Nick this weekend. While in Panama City on a short trip, he and some buddies rented a beach house in Destin for a couple of nights, so Craig and I were able to meet up with him. Fortunately, there was a nice breeze on Saturday and we were able to eat some lunch out on the beach. I think the weather is just slightly warmer from what he had been used to back home.

On Sunday, Nick came over and we had a video chat with Laurie, Evan and Kathy (Nick's mom). It was so great to see little Evan and how much she has grown. It's nice to see pictures, but being able to see a live video is so much better! I know Nick was happy to get the chance to see his girls!

We wish we could have spent some more time with Nick, but we were very glad that it worked out for us to get together! It's always nice to have family around, even if it is for just a short time.
For the record, he did have a pretty good Alaska tan going on!!

5 comments:

Laurie R. said...

Glad y'all had fun. And yes, he is sporting a nice Alaska tan! Thanks for the video chat. It was fun!

Beverly Henderson said...

I am glad you got to spend time with Nick. I love the picture of you and Craig....Y'all look really good! Love you.

Stephanie said...

Ooh! Another blog to add to my daily must-check list! YAY! Can't wait to see more...

I'm glad Nick didn't spontaneously combust when he stepped out onto that white-hot sand :)

Jill said...

Congratulations to a beautiful couple.

Jill

Anonymous said...

I bet you all enjoyed the visit, Im sure you wished Laurie and the baby could have been there!